Sunday, March 14, 2010

The last six weeks

My oh my, the last six weeks has really been six weeks I will never forget, we'll start at the top. The man I love asked me to marry him, I said yes, and we have started to look for a home on Cape Cod where he lives, of course one with an office so I can do my work, and a music room for all my instruments. That was a highlight, now back to reality. My grandaughter who I raised for eleven years is moving to California to find herself. My youngest son, who is also a student at Kaplan, started a really good job in the field he is going to school for, computers. I live in Templeton Ma., and after my husband passed away, three years ago, I started to have financial troubles, and on February 10th, my birthday, my house was to go up for auction at 12 noon. On the day before around four in the afternoon, my lawyer called and told me,"The bank has accepted our offer, and will lower the morgage rate for each month, your home is out of forclosure." Even though I will eventually be moving out of Templeton, I wanted to go with my head held high. I also wanted my two boys (grandsons) to finish their high school with the friends they have started school with ten and eleven years ago, I felt I was letting them down. Now for school-this is my fourth semester, and my hardest. I love to write, and one day I want to write a book, but this APA, I do not understand, but I keep trying. Also this wonderful word called plagerism, how are you suppose to learn about a subject, write a report, and not use the subject matter you just learned about? So, I try different ways to write what I read about, is that right? I hope so! To leave on a high note, I sold one of my Pomeranians this week, and also one of my "RIP" quilts. OH yes, life is good!

1 comment:

  1. Barbs, how wonderful. Let me wish you the absolute best. I am thrilled that things have turned out so well...out of the ashes...You will get the plagiarism and APA down, too. Prof J

    ReplyDelete